Axium Healthcare Pharmacy, Inc. is a leading independent specialty pharmacy that provides comprehensive disease-management programs to meet the needs of patients with rare or chronic conditions.
In December 2006, Carousel Capital partnered with management to buy out the founder and 90+% shareholder, enabling the remaining team to increase ownership through rollover equity and a stock option plan.
Value Creation Initiatives
- Acquired Puerto Rico-based pharmacy and grew its revenues substantially
- Increased revenues by approximately 5x primarily through organic growth
- Invested in clinical and operational infrastructure, facilitating transition to managed care-focused business
- Implemented enterprise-level IT system and launched proprietary web portals
- Experienced dramatic growth in contracted managed care revenue
- Focused on scale and differentiated service capabilities to enhance strategic value
- Kroger acquired Axium in December 2012 to form a specialty pharmacy platform
- Axium’s management team remains in leadership roles to execute the company’s growth plan